The timeline of events of the original Fushigi Yuugi series.
200 years prior to the series
- Einosuke Okuda's daughter, Takiko is taken inside the magical book he wrote
- Takiko Okuda summons Genbu
- Einosuke Okuda asks Takao Osugi to seal the book
90 years prior to the series
- Miaka and Yui are taken inside the book.
- Miaka finds the warriors while Yui is in the Kutou palace
- Miaka and Yui meet again, now as enemies
- Tamahome is poisoned by Kudoku
- The Summoning ceremony fails and Chiriko is revealed to be the Seiryuu warrior Amiboshi
- Amiboshi is assumed to be dead after drowning in a river
- The Suzaku Warriors set on a journey to Hokkan in search for the Shinzaho
- While the warriors embark on their journey, Hotohori meets his elder brother Shu Tendo, and marries You Houki after Tendo is killed
- Shu Tendo, The Suzaku King is proclaimed and Seirin Village is renamed the "Suzaku Village"
- The warriors search for the Shinzaho in Hokkan
- Tamahome meets Yui briefly
- Nuriko dies along with Ashitare in Mt. Kokureishin
- The warriors meet two of the Genbu Warriors, Tomite and Hikitsu and they obtain Genbu's Shinzaho
- Ashitare's wolf form snatches the relic from Miaka
- In deep confusion, Miaka and the warriors in search for the other Shinzaho
- Subaru and Tokaki are met
- Yui manages to get the Byakko Shinzaho and summons Seiryuu, while Miaka and the others depart back dangerously to Konan Palace